Thursday, May 26, 2011

Out of Darkness Comes Beauty!

The other day, Helene and I were teaching each other a couple of ways to have fun with stamps, inks, colored pencils, embossing, etc. She stamped this image from Heartfelt Creations because I was showing her how a stamped image is easily cut with a Spellbinder die that the stamp is designed to be used with.

The alochol ink colors she chose ended up making the image darker than she wanted.

This is the reverse side and she thought it was better looking!

Helene started working her magic with the colored pencils.

And look what magic Helene whipped up with the trusty white colored pencil
that she is known for. I reminded her that my first Magenta class used
the white colored pencil and I couldn't believe what a difference it made.
I should remember to use the white pencil as often as Helene does.

Helene is the artist that I always learn from. Sadly, she leaves for home (Montreal, Quebec)on Saturday night.


We're expecting our big Magenta order to arrive sometime tomorrow. Do I really have to wait until tomorrow?


Art is the only way to run away without leaving home.
Twyla Tharp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers