First up this month is a lovely card from Pam Nelson . . .
|by Pam Nelson|
An order came in from Ranger and everyone was all over it! It includes the latest Distress Ink Color of the Month for July, Blueprint Sketch, AND the long-awaited dies from the Tim Holtz Sizzix line. See what's being featured . . .
Also at Art 'n Soul to start the weekend (Friday) -- Play Day with the new Nuance from Magenta. Both Carolyn and Dianne will be there between 11:00 and 2:00. Later in the afternoon, Art 'n Soul's Zentangle Club meets. Please call the store for more information . . . 360.357.6820.
The "Technique of the Week" in the weekly email from Art 'n Soul features a very simple way to make a card very quickly using Magenta's Nuance and the peel-off stickers.
|by Debbie Gaetz|
- 140 lb. hot press watercolor card stock (you can use cold press); Mirrircard in Pink; Skin card stock in Absynthe; 110# Conqueror card stock in Diamond White for base card
- Elizabeth Craft Designs Peel-Off Sticker ECD 2534
- Magenta Nuance colors: Turquoise; Grass Green; Jade
- Akashiya Sai brush markers in purple, orange, pink, hot pink, light green, dark green. (I saw these compared to the Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers that we've all raved about; since I wasn't able to immediately purchase the Zig's, I ordered the Sai. They only come in 20 colors but I like them very much; they seem to be a little wetter than the Zig's. That being said, my Zig's have since arrived and I love them both!)
- Hero Arts "Each Moment" sentiment stamp F5579
So as I said, I love both the Akashiya Sai and Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. Before the Zig's arrived, I used the Sai's to color a page from one of my 'stress-relieving' adult coloring books. It's not totally finished but I wanted to share that when they say 'stress relieving', they really mean it.
|colored by Debbie Gaetz|
|by Marietta van Leeuwen, Design Team Magenta|
Also from Magenta, Bianca uses the new stencil designs for this gorgeous card . . .
|by Bianca van Noort, Design Team Magenta|
Over on the Memory Box blog, Pam Sparks has made a stunning holiday card to feature a new die from their recent holiday release.
|by Pam Sparks for Memory Box|
I think I'm going to have to add this die to my wish list! Of course, after I saw this card, I deduced I want to add this Memory Box die to my wish list as well!
|by Anne Thompson for Memory Box|
Marika is a Guest Designer on the Penny Black blog for this posting. It's one of the most beautiful Christmas cards I've seen in its subtle design.
|by Marika for Penny Black|
That's all for today. I apologize for the 'techie' issues that prevented me from posting earlier. Please don't forget to stop into the store . . .