Tuesday, May 5, 2015

So far, the adventure of upgrading to the new Xfinity on the X1 Entertainment Operating System has been mixed. The television part of it is pretty darn cool with all of its features. A decision on the residential internet service is still out for debate; I think, however, it's because the sub-contracted installing technician didn't seem to know much about internet services. Guess I know what my challenge is tomorrow!


I heard that the Notions order came in today, so it was a busy, busy day at Art 'n Soul. I don't know what new goodies and treasures are there, but you'll want to check it out!


Look at this beautiful card on the Penny Black blog. Therese uses the Delicate Blossoms stamp from Penny Black with a repetitive stamp technique using markers, watercolor paper and a stamp positioner.


by Therese Schaffer for Penny Black
Click on this link for the step-by-step how-to:



I love the Bokeh Technique and it's featured on this IMAGINE Crafts' blog posting . . . it's a wonderful video by Carisa. I have not been successful in downloading an image for you, so you'll have to take my word for it and click on this link:




The only thing I might add is, instead of using water, spray with IMAGINE Crafts' Ink Potion No. 9 by Tsukineko. The paper may curl but when you use the heat gun, it flattens out.



On the Elizabeth Craft Designs' blog, Judi Kauffman keeps working her magic with their Shimmer Sheetz! Judi has decorated a felt tote!

by Judi Kauffman for Elizabeth Craft Designs

Click on this link for the details:




Lisa Yang with Local King Rubber Stamps featured this card on her Facebook posting. I love it! Karen Dunbrook is using the Shatter Glass 1 stamp from Local King and Bister Powder Paints. Pretty cool looking!

by Karen Dunbrook
Click on this link to her blog post for the details:



From the Pan Pastel blog, I looked into "Handcoloring Digital" and it helped answer one of my lifelong questions . . . how to selectively color the black and white photo.


Digital (Ink-Jet) Print Hand-colored with PanPastel – “Roses” by Dianne Poinski 
Click on this link for the how-to:



Dianne will be at Art 'n Soul tomorrow. She'll be quite anxious and delighted to show you all of the "new" from Notions.



This is Bertie. He was the oldest living hippo in a North American zoo until today, living well beyond their natural age range. During his 58 years, he sired 29 offspring with two different mates at the Denver Zoo. In the wild, their normal lifespan is 30-40 years; in the zoos, their average lifespan is 50 years. I have a natural affection for hippos for many reasons and I couldn't resist not sharing this cute photo of Bertie with you.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers