Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Mariette Van Leeuwen's card using the latest bird stamp from Magenta is so sweet.


by Mariette Van Leeuwen, Design Team Magenta
Click on this link for Mariette's posting:  http://www.magentastyle.com/2014/08/cute-bird-oiseau-mignon.html



l just had to make a card using the new leaf stamp from Magenta.


I loved this paper from KaiserCraft. I've always wanted to take my colored pencils to designer papers and this was my perfect chance.


So I took my Prismacolor colored pencils to the studio and colored the leaves and buds very lightly with Apple Green and Light Aqua. The design paper was cut to fit the A6 card base made from 140 lb. cold-press watercolor paper.


I inked the leaf stamp with IMAGINE Crafts'/Tsukineko's Brilliance pigment ink pad in Peacock; because it's a 3-color stamp pad, I applied the ink pad to the stamp block. I then stamped the leaf stamp onto 118 lb. Conqueror card stock in White Diamond; after it had dried, I cut around the stamped image leaving a white border around the leaf design. I cut out a small partial flower blossom from the decorated paper and adhered it to the bottom of the card. Using foam mount tape under the leaf, I tucked the bottom stem portion of the leaf design under the cut-out blossom. The sentiment was stamped onto heavy vellum with Brown StazOn solvent ink; when the ink was dry, the paper was torn into a strip to place between the 2 birds. The wooden birds were from a wood embellishment set from Magenta; they were colored with the Brilliance pigment ink in pearlescent ice blue and Sunflower Yellow. An amber colored crystal was used for the bird's eye.


SUPPLIES USED:
  • Magenta Stamp:  Autumn Maple Leaf Large (42.212.N)
  • Magenta Stamp:  May Life Always Allow (07.514.G)
  • IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko:  Brilliance pigment ink in Peacock; Pearlescent Ice Blue; Sunflower Yellow
  • IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko:  StazOn solvent ink in Saddle Brown
  • Wood bird embellishments from Magenta
  • Prismacolor Colored Pencil:  Apple Green and Light Aqua
  • 118 lb. Conqueror card stock in White Diamond
  • 140 lb. cold-press watercolor paper
  • Amber colored flat-backed crystals (20                                                     


It's late and I'm ready to fall asleep on the job. Tomorrow I'll show you some ideas from the Vintage Betty Lou cookbook class.


Late notice:  the RubberMoon order arrived at the store!

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers