This week IMAGINE Crafts and Dreamweaver Stencils are featuring a Blog Hop showcasing our fabulous products and providing some inspiration for you to get creative! Be sure to leave your comments on each artist's post that you visit for your chance to win a fabulous prize that includes IMAGINE Crafts and Dreamweaver products. Contest closes at 11:59pm PST on Sunday, June15th.
Our store, Art 'n Soul, has always featured Dreamweaver Stencils. In fact, Lynell Harlow, owner of Dreamweaver Stencils, has visited and taught at our store many times, as recently as last August. So, I was very excited to learn that IMAGINE Crafts and Dreamweaver Stencils were going to feature an "Endless Possibilities" Blog Hop this week.
|by Debbie Gaetz|
Artist-in-Residence for IMAGINE Crafts
- DREAMWEAVER STENCILS: Tile (LG 609); Gingko Bough (LJ 893)
- IMAGINE CRAFTS/TSUKINEKO: Memento Luxe Mixed Media Ink in Pear Tart and Pistachio; Delicata Pigment Ink in Golden Glitz; Radiant Neon Pigment Ink in Electric Blue; VersaFine Ink in Majestic Blue; Fireworks! in Danube Blue; Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Gold; irRESISTible Pico Embellisher in Morocco; Ink Blushers
- Conqueror 118# card stock in White Diamond; Mirrircard card stock in Blue from The Paper Cut
- HANKO DESIGNS: Omedeto - Congratulations word stamp (HG 194)
- Miscellaneous: Glitter Blue/Gold Glitter Stickers from Elizabeth Craft Designs (7010); wood veneer bird die cut from Studio Calico; Big Shot Die Cutting & Embossing Machine by Sizzix
- Secure the Tiles stencil (LG 609) with masking tape on the white card stock. With the Ink Blusher, in a dabbing/pouncing motion, apply Memento Luxe Mixed Media Ink in Pear Tart and Pistachio and blend where colors meet. Very lightly, softly apply the Radiant Neon ink in Electric Blue in a small area over the top, blending out the edges. Lift off the stencil. Allow the stenciled card stock to completely dry.
- Position the Gingko Bough stencil back on the card stock where you want it and secure with masking tape. With an Ink Blusher, apply the Delicata Pigment Ink in Golden Glitz, using a pouncing motion. You want a solid and even coverage so you'll want to press firmly and repeat 2 or 3 times. Allow to dry completely. Repeat this step again with the Ink Blusher and Delicata ink. Allow to dry completely. Repeat this step again for a third time. When finished, lift off the stencil. Allow the card stock to completely dry. Gently clean the stencil with soap and water or a baby wipe.
- After the card stock has been completely dried, reposition the Gingko Bouch stencil and secure with masking tape.
- Dry emboss the stencil design onto the card stock with your die cutting machine using the embossing pad with the plates. The heavy layering of Delicata ink and the embossed edging gives a little dimension to the card panel.
- Trim the card panel so a very thin white frame surrounds the tile (approximately 3-1/8" x 4-1/8". Adhere it to a panel in blue mirror card stock that is approximately 3-3/8" x 4-5/16" in size.
- Adhere panel to the front of an A-2 white card blank, allowing enough room at the bottom for the word stamp.
- Apply the Radiant Neon ink in Electric Blue to a very small wooden bird shape from Studio Calico. When dry, spray the bird with Fireworks! in Danube Blue and Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Gold. In the hole where the eye is located, put a drop of Pico Embellisher in Morocco.
- When dry, apply the bird with a pop dot.
- Ink the word stamp with VersaFine in Majestic Blue and apply to the lower portion of the card below the top panel.
- Cut a decorative strip from the Glitter Blue/Gold sticker from Elizabeth Craft Designs, and apply vertically on the left side of the card front.