Thursday, January 30, 2014

You should go to the Magenta blog to see how Ellie Knoll made this card using heat embossing, gesso, Pan Pastels, and 'ironing off' the embossing to reveal the original paper color.

by Ellie Knol, Design Team Magenta



Speaking of Magenta, here is a card sample at the store made by Helene Metivier of Magenta . . .

by Helene Metivier, Magenta
Magenta Stamps:  P0643 & 07802.F




I don't know if you've seen this at the store. Marj Marion has a 'tip' card on one of the tables . . . as you well know, Marj always has great tips and techniques to share about card making.


Thanks, Marj!


We are not a scrapbooking store, but I just had to share this beautiful layout from Vicki Garrett, who is on the Design Team for Impression Obsession. As I looked at it, I saw a card design and/or a layout for a mixed media wall hanging. Go to the IO blog link or Vicki Garrett's blog link for the step-by-step details.

by Vicki Garrett for Impression Obsession





While it's 10:00 p.m. at home, it's 1:00 a.m. here in Boca Raton. We arrived as the darkness set in and it was rain, rain rain. Thus, we really didn't see anything driving from the airport to the hotel, nor did we see much of the hotel grounds.

Traveling up Highway 95 in the pouring rain from
the airport to the resort. It never let up and it still
hasn't. As I write this posting, the downpour outside
the door to our room is unbelievably loud and relentless.

After we checked in, we went to Moromito's Sushi Bar for dinner . . . he's the Iron Chef from the Food Network Channel. We started with the special sushi of the day, Lobster Roll. It was delicious but not as good as the next two items!

Chirashi . . . Chef's selection of fish atop sushi rice
Tom's choice, not mine!
Soft Shell Crab Maki Roll
(with asparagus, avocado and spicy sauce)
My choice!
Susie would be proud of me again as I was able to imbibe everything with chopsticks. And I missed the encouraging words from my good friend Kazuko; at CHA, she taught me that I was dipping too long and that was why my bites would fall apart before making it out of the dipping dish.

So, it's night-night for me. By the way, if you're not into football at all or the Seahawk Super Bowl Mania, Art 'n Soul will be open at 12:30 for at least a couple of hours this coming Sunday; Dianne's heading home if no one is there to 'keep her company'! It's amazing how many small shops will be closed on Super Bowl Sunday this year around the greater Puget Sound area.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers