Friday, November 15, 2013

Our friend John Petersen at Imagine Crafts says this today on Facebook:  "All my creative friends- it's your last day to sign up for the IMAGINE Crafts ornament exchange (hint hint)... And some lucky person is going to have the opportunity to swap with MOI :)"


"Participate in our first annual ornament exchange

Participating in the exchange is easy: First, you’ll create two ornaments. IMAGINE Crafts will match you up with a participant in your country (if possible), and you’ll mail one of your creations to your fellow artist.
You’ll submit your second ornament to IMAGINE Crafts to be displayed (space permitting) at the Winter 2014 CHA Show in Anaheim, CA. Show attendees will vote for their favorite ornament, and we will announce the top 5 winners on the IMAGINE Crafts blog after the CHA Show (mid January).  The top 5 winners will receive a prize package of IMAGINE Crafts products debuting at the show.
How to Participate
Ornaments can be created for any holiday or celebration, including general home decor, and must include IMAGINE Crafts / Tsukineko products. Ornaments can be any shape or size and from any material you choose (paper, metal, etc.). You can create two of the same ornament or two different ornaments, whichever you prefer.
To sign up for the Ornament Exchange, send an email to marketing@imaginecrafts.com with your full name and mailing address by November 15th.  If you would like to swap with an international participant please specify this in your email; by default we will try to keep the exchanges between people in the same country to keep shipping costs down for participants.  Beginning November 20th, we will email participants mailing instructions for sending both ornaments.
All participants should mail both of their completed ornaments by November 30th, 2013.  To be eligible for inclusion at CHA, enclose a supply list of what IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko products you used in making your ornament.  You are not required to provide full instructions for creating your ornaments.
We can’t wait to see what you come up with!?"

Don't delay! Email Imagine Crafts right now and send them your email address, your full name and mailing address. It's gonna be fun!




This beautiful card by Ellie Knol, Magenta Design Team member, is on the Magenta blog . . . please click on the title for the link to the blog.

"LOVE this one...

by Ellie Knol for Magenta
I really LOVE this one, the Magenta Wasp stamp is one of my favourites. 
There is some glossy accents on its wings. 
The background is (part of) a monoprint.

STAMPS USED : (click on picture)

Ellie Knol - DT Magenta"




From the Memory Box blog . . .

"Back to the basics and excited to be back!!!

IMG_8458
by Sue T for Memory Box
I am so excited to be back on the Memory Box team. I had to step down about a year or so ago because I was back in school to get my BSN and it was just a bit overwhelming for me. I am just about done and can manage my time much better, so I sent Dave a note asking if he would take a prodigal gal back. 
Dave, welcomed me back with open arms as I hope all of you will. For those who don't me, my name is Sue T.- yes that is what I am called by everyone I know- not Sue, but Sue T. I am a stamper, I love stamping- rubber, acrylic or cling. I have been caught up in the die craze, but always come back to stamping. My posts will feature stamping with dies used only as an embellishment. Isn't stamping what sucked us into this crazy and awesome hobby?!!?
My cards are clean and simple, very reminiscent of what Dave taught us at those famous east coast summer class tours. (if any of you were lucky enough to have taken any of them, you know what I am talking about! Dave- come back to us!! We miss you!!) My posts will always feature stamps as the central focus. They will be easy to replicate and will provide a jumping off point for your own creativity!
I was so excited when my package arrived from Memory Box. All cling stamps- great quality and awesome images! I immediately was in my studio putting ink to rubber.
Of course if you know me you know no stamp is safe in my hand, especially cling or acrylic! I see the stamp and immediately think how can I alter it to make it even useful. That is what I did when I saw Deer in the Field CS 1944

IMG_8487
This is how the stamp arrived to me. Isn't it great!??! Can you see the possibilities? How about this?

IMG_8490
Oh yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about. Now I have 3 stamps to play with! Hint- do not do this unless you have really sharp scissors or an x-acto knife.
What was really fun when I created this card was to find the curve of the pine tress totally matched the curve in snowfall CS 1961E. Can you see what I did. I stamped the snow fall first, then I added the row of pines, next I add a few of the single trees and lastly added the deer in front of the trees.
As our blog title says - "Think Outside the Box" when using your stamps!
I hope that you enjoyed my post and that you are as excited as I am to rediscover or discover your roots- stamping!"
  E60A6E5D6326626A19BE3D97B0F0C8BF


"Simply Wonderful Christmas

P1130074
by Jean Okimoto
Three shades of Memory Box green - Dill, Granny Smith and Key Lime - and bright red felt create a simple, classic holiday design.  Hi - Jean Okimoto here - with another quick card for you.
The  Wonderland Tree Background, intricate Elyse Christmas Tree and Resting Birds are traditional holiday designs.  Just snip the handle of the pail from the Garden Tools set and repurpose it as a tree container.  It's cut from scrap cardboard to resemble an old wooden bucket that's held many trees over the years.  
The Simply Wonderful greeting says it all, adding the final touch to an easy card as Christmas quickly approaches. View the Memory Box Collection of dies, stamps and papers."
P1130045

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers