Wednesday, September 11, 2013

This month's Challenge Project for the Artists-in-Residence was to use the beautiful colors in the IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® VersaColor™ Pigment Inks and IMAGINE Crafts® GooseBumps™ Texture Spray. There couldn't be a better combination for the Halloween project I had in mind!


I purchased this white partial face mask at my local craft store; it reminded me of one of my favorite theatre musical productions, "Phantom of the Opera."

Using IMAGINE Crafts'®/Tsukineko's® VersaColor™ Pigment Ink in Canary, Orange and Black, I covered the mask using the 'direct to paper (product)' application with the small cubes. I then used IMAGINE Crafts® InkBlushers™ to soften the edges between colors.


After the ink had dried overnight, I applied peel-off stickers from Elizabeth Craft Designs.




Once they were in place, I sprayed the entire mask with IMAGINE Crafts® GooseBumps™ Texture Spray in Shimmer.


After the GooseBumps™ had dried, I applied a few more peel-offs, a crystal inside the circle sticker under the eye to emulate a tear, and stacked paper flowers that I had also sprayed with GooseBumps™.



I show this close up so you can see the 'flow
of the tear' below the blue crystal from the
GooseBumps™ Texture Spray.

by Debbie Gaetz
Artist-in-Residence for IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko®

I was quite pleased with the end product. I'll have to make a couple more to display as a set for Halloween. It's an easy project with the rich coverage from the VersaColor™ pigment inks, the GooseBumps™ texture spray and embellishments from your stash. I hope you'll give it a try!

My next theme project will be posted in a few days that features a cool Halloween stamp! Thank you for stopping in today . . . I look forward to sharing another project featuring the cool products from IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko®, my preferred inks for fine art rubber stamping and other mixed media projects.


SUPPLIES USED:
  • IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® VersaColor™ Pigment Inks in Canary, Orange and Black
  • IMAGINE Crafts® GooseBumps™ Texture Spray in Shimmer
  • IMAGINE Crafts® InkBlushers™
  • Elizabeth Craft Designs Peel-Off Stickers 1283, 1054, 7010
  • K & Company "Wild Saffron" Fabric Brad (562875)
  • Bazzill Basics Paper JS Jewels (self-adhesive) 303865








No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers