Monday, September 16, 2013

The new class schedule is available . . . check it out by clicking on the 'class schedule' tab.


Strathmore Artist Papers recently sponsored a colored pencil contest using this photo as the inspiration . . . I encourage you to go to the link shown below to view the entries. The Lilac Roller is such a colorful bird, don't you think?



Photo by John Williams
"Congratulations to the winners of Colored Pencil Magazine's July Art Challenge! Dominika Kowalczyk in the Pro/Advanced category and Abigail Jones in the Beginner/Student category both won an assortment of Strathmore product for their colored pencil interpretations of the Lilac Roller bird pictured. See their drawings and drawings from other entrants here: http://coloredpencilmagazine.blogspot.com/2013/06/july-cpm-art-challenge-1307-lilac-roller.html"




These are the new 6x6 paper pads from Authentique . . . more of the Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells 8x8 paper pads . . . and Magenta's Ultra Thick Card Stock . . . that are coming to Art 'n Soul sometime tomorrow.









I love to look at papers and think of what else I could do with it besides using it 'as is'. This is what I did with a sheet from Graphic 45's Steampunk Spells 12x12 paper collection.

I cut out the images and colored them with my
Prismacolor colored pencils to make a Halloween book.
"Mechanical Marvels" 


This is the little book . . . it will be on the Halloween table at Art 'n Soul sometime tomorrow.

by Debbie Gaetz

by Debbie Gaetz

by Debbie Gaetz

by Debbie Gaetz

by Debbie Gaetz

by Debbie Gaetz

by Debbie Gaetz

by Debbie Gaetz

I encourage you to take another look at the papers in your stash or when you purchase more paper, and consider what you can do with the paper, especially if it's from Graphic 45. When I saw this collection, a few of the papers screamed out . . . "do me up!"


That's all from me tonight. After focusing my attention to the birth of my great-granddaughter Saturday night, all day Sunday and into the wee hours of this morning, I had the joy of holding Eleanor "Ellie" Kristine Solar at the hospital today. She was born at 2:02 a.m. this morning and I hung in until 1:30 a.m. before leaving the hospital in Tacoma to head home. After the phone calls I was able to get to bed around 3:00 a.m. I'm overjoyed and tired. It was while we were awaiting her arrival, all day Sunday and through the evening, that I colored those cut-up card images.

Tomorrow I'll share some cards and projects from Jane Townsend, Sherry Barello, Judy Daugherty and Kathy Peterson.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers