Thursday, August 15, 2013

My 2 days of the dizzying vertigo turned into a migraine yesterday afternoon and evening, which I think was the origin of my vertigo. An ice block on the back of my head helped considerably; no more migraine or a hurting head this morning. But I'm still sensitive to head movements, so I've been keeping my head straight and no bending over to pick up anything. I was at least a little more mobile today and I'll keep my fingers crossed for tomorrow. Until I'm done with this predicament, my sweet husband will have to continue pulling everything out of the dryer for me fold, and take the load out of the washing machine and put it into the dryer. It's amazing how often you bend your head down or over in the normal course of a day . . . I'm learning that every day. It's too bad I cannot convince him to learn fine art rubber stamping so that he could at least stamp off some images for me to color!




Sweet! Art 'n Soul was featured on Hero Arts' Facebook posting and the Hero Arts' blog yesterday! Check it out by clicking on the link . . .


"Our creative friends at Art 'n Soul in Lacey, WA are providing today's inspiration! Come check it out on the blog and try some colorful stamp layering for yourself: http://heroarts.com/blogs/club/2013/08/14/art-n-soul/"
Many thanks to Dianne, Patti and Marj for putting that awesome display table together! And huge kudo's to Dianne for coordinating the submission to Hero Arts and following up. And many thanks to a few of our customers who submitted a comment on the Hero Arts blog about Art 'n Soul . . . we love ya!




Speaking of our talented Dianne, here's her recent posting on the Magenta blog . . .


by Dianne Johnson for Magenta

Leaf Fish

"I've talked before about how when Helene was in Washington to teach, she challenged us to use our stamps in different ways.  This is one that she showed us - how to make these adorable fish with a leaf stamp.  Just draw a triangle for the tail, and add an eye.  I wanted to make a sample for our shop to remind everyone to look at their stamps differently.  The seaweed is a leafy branch stamp.  Try it, it's really fun!"


Memento Inks:  Bamboo Garden; Rose Bud; Tangelo; Bahama Blue; Grape Jelly; Tuxedo Black
So Silk Blue cardstock
Embossing / Embossage : Tiny Bubbles - Cuttlebug 37-1229



From John Petersen at IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® . . .
'Our latest video walks you through making an elegant card for someone special in your life.'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UBfnlSLvWwk&t=0

Pan Pastel posted this news on their Facebook page . . . new metallic colors coming soon. We'll have to keep watch for their availability!


"Producing the new metallic colors (this one is copper)...they are so rich and beautiful! We are just beginning to ship these, so they should be arriving in some retail stores over the next few weeks. More info to follow...."






I want to share this holiday card from the Memory Box blog because many of our store customers are dog lovers; I'm sure you could use the cute little cat die(s) instead if you're more of a cat lover.

Who Ate the Cookie?


by Jean Okimoto for Memory Box

"Ever wonder who really eats those cookies the kids leave for Santa?  Do the telltale 'crumbs' by his paws provide a clue?



Hi - Jean Okimoto here - with a fun little holiday scene for you. It combines my favorite Poppystamps Labrador 879, diecut from brown felt, with A Batch of Gingerbread from the 2013 Holiday Collection 98652. They're displayed on the Scalloped Cake Stand 98541. The Santa Hat 98232, from an earlier release, is cut from felt.
Merry Christmas Flourish B1953  - is stamped with the perfect holiday red, ColorBox Geranium Archival Dye Ink.
I love being able to combine products from Memory Box and Poppystamps, new releases and classic favorites from earlier collections.  
 
by Jean Okimoto for Memory Box
Click on the 'Read more' link below for supply lists and instructions for the card.  Thanks for visiting!"
  Signature2:.25




And I love this summer card from Memory Box, again from their blog . . .

Summer Scenes...

by Pam Sparks for Memory Box
"This card makes me want to go for a drive! The perfect Summer day!  I love the Small Circle Burst for the sun cut out of Bluebird Gingham card-stock. I used Squash Dots card-stock behind it. The new mini Clouds dies, Evergreen Landscape die, Cottage in the Woods die, Auto Parts die and the new Melinda Corner die
by Pam Sparks for Memory Box
The stamp is Happy Birthday Special Combo.
by Pam Sparks for Memory Box
I had to make one with the new Pinecone Corner die too! Now for that ride! 

Thanks for stopping by today!"





This book is one of several that I have purchased at Art 'n Soul so I may continue to learn new Zentangle designs. Tomorrow (Friday) is Play Day at Art 'n Soul from 10:30 to 4:30. and the focus will be on zentangling. Between 12:00 and 2:00 p.m., Dianne and Deb will both be there to share their passion for zentangling, and I've heard that Michael will be there too! You don't have to zentangle to join in on Play Day. We just want everyone to have fun and enjoy the companionship of like-minded crafters at Art 'n Soul. We hope to see many of you! All you need to do is bring whatever you want to work on . . . that's it!




We'll see you tomorrow!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers