Tuesday, July 9, 2013

More Sneak Peeks, a beautiful garden card

The new Silk Glazes from Luminarte are in from Splash of Color! Get to the store quickly if you didn't pre-order any colors. They'll be gone before you know it!

AND the new Memory Box Christmas stamps and dies are in! Another reason to rush on over to Art 'n Soul!

From Impression Obsession's blog, a beautiful garden card. I wanted to also show you a beautiful Christmas card made with one of the new IO Christmas stamps and matching dies but I wasn't able to download the pic. I'll wait for another day. In the meantime, here's that beautiful garden card . . .

Tuesday T&T Triple Thanks

by Shirley Ross for Impression Obsession
"This card happened by accident.  I had something else planned, but I have a neighbor boy who comes over and helps me with my flowers and weeds.  He sees me out there and just starts doing what I do.  He saw my cards the other day and asked if I would make him one.  This is to thank him for his help.  His favorite colors are purple and yellow.  Here is how I put it together:
IMAGES:
  1. Stamped Sketchy Flowers with Memento Pistachio ink on Neenah Solar White cardstock.  Used Spellbinders Majestic Elements as die for the Bazzill base and the Sketchy Flowers background.
  2. Created die cuts from Basket and Grass dies using Bazzill Dotted Swiss colors.  The basket has a slit ready to take the Grass, (stems for the flowers).
  3. Created 3 sets of Spiral Daisy, Layered Floral flowers and leaves.
  4. Did 2 die cut sets of the Heart Stems.
  5. Die cut a Sign Post for the sentiment and stamped it with "Heartfelt Thanks" from Thank You clear set.
ASSEMBLY:
  1. Mounted the Sketchy Flowers background to the Bazzill carstock.
  2. Inserted the stems (Grass) into the basket and mounted with 3D pop-dots.
  3. Rolled the Spiral Daisies.  Kittie has a great tutorial on how to roll all of the IO spiral flowers.  
  4. See it HERE. The only difference is I use Glossy Accents as glue. I place it on the inside part as I roll and then on the bottom before I put a glue dot between the bottom and the round dot on the bottom.
  5. Mounted the Layered Floral flowers and leaves with glue dots and 3D pop-dots.
  6. Mounted white hearts on green heart stems and inserted in basket.
  7. Used Stickles glitter glues for the centers of the flowers and Viva Decor Yellow Glitter for the hearts
  8. Mounted sentiment and bow.  The grass on the basket is leftovers from Grass Border.
Hope your weekend was great and your week better.   Don't forget our "What's Shakin'" Challenge is still on and you can see how to participate HERE.  See you back here for DT Thursday!!"
 Shirley
SUPPLIES:
CAC Sketchy Flowers CC093
Thank You - CL427
OR Heartfelt Thanks - B3928
Grass - DIE038-J
Basket - DIE039-T
Sprial Daisy - DIE071-I
Heart Stems - DIE053-M
Layered Floral Set - DIE047-J
Sign Post - DIE050-J
Memento - Toffee Crunch Ink Pad
Memento Pistachio
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Bazzill Dotted Swiss Clover Leaf, Irish Eyes, Celtic Green Trio
Spellbinders Radiant Rectangles
Bazzill - Dotted Swiss Trio - Mud Puddle
Tweezer Bee
Ranger Glossy Accents
Stickles Orange Glitter Glue
Stickles Diamonds Glitter Glue
Yellow Quartz Glitter - Viva Decor



More sneak peeks of the 12 Days of Christmas papers from Graphic 45 . . .










It's hard to believe we're down to our last few days here in Ravenna, Italy. The weather has been absolutely gorgeous every day. Today was a little hotter, so I walked myself into the lake and kicked my way around with a noodle. That little 'swim' was so refreshing. Then I went back up to the house and sat in Cecilia's swimming pool to splash around with her.

Just before lunch, we took Ceci for a stroll through the Town Center. That was my first time away from the lake house other than to pick someone up from the train station last Friday night.

An artist who set up along a breezeway; his
sketch was so vivid by itself.

A small ristorante along the narrow road in the Town
Center, preparing their outdoor seating area for the 1 o'clock lunch rush.

We made sure we were back at the lake house for the family lunch at 1 o'clock. They prepared a veal dish that is on their regular menu rotation. You boil the veal roast in water with vegetables and desired spices until cooked. It's then thinly sliced and layered several times in a casserole dish with a home-made mayonnaise-basil-canned tuna oil spread, and then refrigerated. You take out one slice at a time to serve; you may put a few slices on your plate but always one slice at a time.

 I was somewhat skeptical but I can tell you it was dee-licious! It would make a great sandwich too. However, I have discovered sandwiches are considered poor people food in Italy, so they are not made or served, not even for Cecilia.

Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers