- the bottom plate is magnetic, so your metal dies will stay in place and you won't have to use tape all of the time to make sure it stays in place;
- the cutting mat is self-healing and won't warp! I've only had my Big Shot since last summer and I'm ready to replace the 3rd set of cutting plates because they become cracked and warp. A warped plate prevents a good die-cut.
- the embossing mat is nice and sturdy, and like the cutting mat, won't warp!
- it's an easy 'sandwich' . . . magnetic plate and either the cutting mat or the embossing mat. How easy is that!
- for the more intricate designed dies, Lifestyle Crafts has just come out with a rubber mat to add to your die cutting sandwich. It's the same size as the Genius plates and is due to ship within the next 2 weeks. Art 'n Soul orders will be in the first wave of deliveries.
- The length of the plates allows you to use the long border dies, embossing folders . . . or lay out several dies at once.
Saturday, April 27, 2013
Several of Art 'n Soul's family of friends and customers enjoyed learning about the various products from Lifestyle Crafts (formerly QuicKutz). Ali Lewis, our Sales Representative who begins Monday as Director of Marketing, made the evening's event a fun and learning experience.
Being the 'bird fans' that we are, this particular die set is very nice and caught Susie's eye!
ALERT! ALERT! ALERT! Dianne is sending in the Lifestyle Crafts order tomorrow (Sunday afternoon). If you want to order any of the Lifestyle products and want to be in on the first delivery of their newest releases, please be sure you have submitted your order by 1:00 p.m. tomorrow (Sunday).
Two products really stood out among everyone . . . the Genius Plate and the Letterpress Plate. Both of these products are compatible with your Cuttlebug, Big Shot, eBosser, Epic 6 and Evolution die cutting machines.
The Genius Plate really went over . . . the ones we had in the store were taken before Ali even started her presentation because staff has been buzzing about them for the last couple of weeks.
As I've said before, this plate set is 'genius'! Why?
To show you how compatible it is with the variety of machines . . .
And with each Genius Plate set, you also receive a bonus set of nesting dies. It's well worth the investment . . . I've already spent more than the price of the Genius Plate in the replacement plates I've purchased for my Big Shot, Cuttlebug and eBosser!
The other product that caught a lot of attention is the Letterpress.
It's easier than you think to make the quality embossed features of letterpressing that you've usually had to send out to be done. And again, you don't need to purchase the Letterpress Machine! You just need this starter kit to begin your letterpress experience because it will work with some of the other die machines; I use it in my Big Shot and it works great! Lifestyle Crafts has a very nice assortment of plastic printing plates too!
Of course, everyone enjoyed the various dies that are available, and especially the very latest Detailz Dies that allow you to cut, emboss, stencil and ink!
Their embossing folders are quite nice too!
There is just so much to see . . . come on into the store today and look through the catalog. Patti will be more than happy to help you today or tomorrow. If you can't make it in, please call the store at 360.357.6820 and place your order over the phone. The Genius Plate system is a real 'must' for the serious die-cutting crafters.
Shape 'n Tapes (adhesive-backed washi tape 6"x12" sheets) in all of the colors is back in stock, as well as Letterpress papers (regular and extra thick). There are a few dies and embossing folders left as well.
Our thanks to everyone who made the evening a huge success, and more important -- fun! Everone went home with 'something won' from Lifestyle Crafts. The huge grand prize winner of a $200 Lifestyle Crafts Shopping Spree was Marilyn Dawson! and she was shocked! And a huge 'bravo!' to Ali Lewis with Lifestyle Crafts!