Thursday, February 28, 2013


Here are the new papers from Kaiser Craft and Authentique that were delivered to the store yesterday afternoon.












When I saw the library card file drawer paper from Kaiser Craft, I knew immediately what I wanted to do. It eventually morphed into a subtle St. Patrick's Day card too!


I wanted to cut open the top of 3 drawers with my
craft knife and have flowers coming out of the drawer. I
couldn't find the long-stemmed flower die that I wanted
to originally use. When I saw the shamrocks, I decided
they would help to make the card a nice one for St. Patrick's Day.
I used scraps from 3 different green colors of SEI velvet paper and die cut
them with the Memory Box LUCKY LEAVES die (98314).
Using an embossing folder from Cuttlebug, I
dry embossed the clover die cuts.
I used this stamp from Savvy Stamps with
Memento's Cottage Ivy ink on the card front.

by Debbie Gaetz


And this paper pak from Authentique is available in both the  8 x 8 and 6 x 6 sizes.






A new class announcement! Marj is returning with another Tea Bag Folding Class in April . . . Saturday, April 13, from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. If you want to be a part of this awesome class, then please stop in or call the store to sign up! (360.357.6820)




Here is a tutorial on aligning your dies with the stamped images from Impression Obsession. This technique can be used when aliging any die and matching stamp . . . those of you who were fortunate to take Lisa Yang's Local King Rubber Stamps class last summer will recognize this technique.




I was on a little bit of sensory overload when I popped in at the Sewing and Stitchery Expo today at the Puyallup Fairgrounds to meet up with Sam & Cindy. I found some ideas for card making that I'll experiment with, sources for some beautiful ribbons, and beautiful fabrics.

These are just a few of the fabrics and trim at "Treasures of the Gypsy" by Pamela. She designs her own fabrics and trims, and resides in New Mexico. Unfortunately, she does nothing on the computer and only sells at 7 shows in the United States; this show is at the tail end of her show schedule for 2013. She also sells patterns for various cloth dolls that are designed by artists using her fabrics that we amazing; unfortunately, to protect the artists' designs, photos were not allowed. Her booth is in the Showplex Building.




The main reason I wanted to go to the show . . . Shibori Dragon has a booth at the Expo in The Pavilion. Their store closed in Lakewood and leaves a real void. Since closing, they are only selling at consumer shows and online.  The owner said they are in the middle of revamping their website so all of their items will be online; not everything is there yet but keep checking back or contact them if there is something specific you want.


One final note to share . . .



I'm off to complete a project. See you sometime tomorrow!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers