Saturday, December 1, 2012

Today and tomorrow it is Recycled Rubber at Art 'n Soul. It all begins at 10:00 a.m. this morning. The annual Toy Run (thousands of motorcyclists delivering toys to the Salvation Army at the State Capitol grounds) also starts at 10:00 a.m. and the street that we face (Pacific Avenue) is going to be closed to accommodate their run. So determination will be prevail we hope, and we hope that you'll find a way to make it to Art 'n Soul (sneak in the back way!). Call us if you have troubles getting to us and don't know how to find the back way at 360.357.6820! It's the last big RR for the year.

In addition, all Christmas stamps at Art 'n Soul today and tomorrow during Recycled Rubber will be 15% off! And all Christmas papers and Christmas embellishments will be 20% off during Recycled Rubber. Prices return to normal retail value at the conclusion of Recycled Rubber. So don't miss out . . . today and tomorrow!


From Cheery Lynn Designs . . .

Grandmothers Garden Tag

8" X 3"
 "This week for Cheery Lynn Designs, I have created a Large Tea Tag, which represents my Grandmothers garden. I have wonderful memories of my Grandma, and her magical, beautiful garden.
 This project has used a considerable amount of dies, so I will give a basic run-down and the rest can be found in the material's list.  The base of the tag was covered with the Chicken Wire Frame, using gold cardstock.  Sadly, gold never ever photographs well.   The larger flowers on the tag were created from the smaller of the two petals in the Cherry Blossom die. Other flowers are from the Build A Flower Embellishment #2, and the Darling Daisies.  So much foliage was used, including the Pair of Ferns, Olive Branches, and the Fanciful Flourish - most die-cuts were given a 'nip and a tuck' to fit, and then overlapped, for a more realistic appearance.
 The Victorian Picket Fence, was cut from chipboard, and inked with Tea Dye distress ink.  I neatly tucked in a fairy, as I was 100% positive there were fairies in my Grandma's garden!  The Spiderweb added a little more character to the tag, and I couldn't help but add a spider..."



From May Arts . . . (by Jennifer Ingle, aka Jingle)
by Jennifer Ingle (aka Jingle)

"To create this card, I began with an 8×8 sheet of kraft cardstock.  I used my Scor-Pal to fold it in half creating a 4×8 card.  I layered the patterned paper (3 ¾ x 7 ¾) over the card base.
I used the various flower options in the paper crafting kit (which I LOVE!!!!!) to assemble a pretty flower and then added a brad to the center.  I adhered this to my card at the end of a strip of washi tape layered with the wrinkled ribbon.
I assembled the bow from the kit, as well.  I chose the side to side strip to go behind it.  I love how I had different options on how I wanted my paper tails to appear!  I then tied another bow with the ribbon and layered this over the paper bow.  Such a pretty look!
Finally, I added the clear sticker sentiment to the bottom of the card.  I love how LYB and May Arts products made this card SO easy to create and SO GORGEOUS!!!!
To see more of my work, feel free to visit me at my blog!


Today's the big day . . . my granddaughter's wedding. Not much else to say, but . . . later!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers