Monday, September 24, 2012

If you think you're running low on Elizabeth Craft Designs' Shimmer Sheetz, there is a new supply at Art 'n Soul . . . they're on the 'Halloween' table!

This is a quick post because I'm on the run this morning. I'll be back later with pics from John's Canvas Class on Saturday, Alissa's Halloween Banner that she was talked into scheduling a class for, Dianne's new sample card, and more! Talk soon . . .

From the Cheery Lynn blog . . .

Perfect Just The Way You Are (by Debbie Sherman)

"Good Morning Cheery Lynn Followers! Today I want to share a simple but elegant card with you. I used the background paper to help me make the perfect embellishments for this card.
by Debbie Sherman for Cheery Lynn
I used only 3 Cheery Lynn dies for this card but I love how it turned out. Sometimes less is more!
The dies I used are the French Pastry Doily; Mini Fanciful Flourish Die; Large Rose"
post signature


(September 21, 2012)
Frame It
"This week our challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs is FRAME IT
 Here are the rules:
  • You MUST follow the theme and use at least one Cheery Lynn Designs die, of course, we would love to see more than one. 
  • You MUST add a link to your blog post in the InLinkz at the end of that post; no back posting, only new projects are allowed
  • You MUST link to our blog in your post
  • You may only enter the challenge ONCE per week.
The winner will be chosen based on merit by Cheery Lynn Designs. They will receive a $20 coupon for shopping at the Cheery Lynn website. The challenge will end on Sunday night at 22:00 Eastern time.
 I used the following dies:
 Circle - Inverted Scallop LG Stackers Nesting Dies
 Doily Stacker Circles 1, 2, 3 
Medium Rose 
 Christmas Candlelight
 Merry Christmas Set
I decided to take the challenge in a different direction   and do a Framed wreath!

I decided to use my larger die and then use a scallop design to cut out the inside.
I cut out my candle set then went to work "accenting" with extra greenery  and a poinsettia leaves. I also decided to mat so I could add the extra pieces.
I wanted to share how I built up my frame.
 Isn't this Christmas greeting wonderful? I love that the pieces are separate and can be placed several ways
 Do you see my berries? I used the medium rose pieces to cut these.
I just used a little Memento ink  to color the flame and edge the greenery.
So how do you like my Frame It project?
I just had to use some of these dies I haven't had time to play with yet.
Won't you join us this week?"

From Helene's blog . . .
My bird 0558.O"I love birds and cats but mostly I draw birds.  This stamp is an adaptation of one of my original drawing.  I made 7 different cards and I want to show you the difference between stamped directly on  decorative paper or white cardstock  I stamped with Tsukineko Black Versafine and used either Prismacolor pencil or Tsukineko Memento markers or both."
Magenta rubberstamps:  0558.O,  07.449.G
Decorative paper:  ME 231, ME233


Magenta rubberstamps:  0558.O,  07.449.G
Decorative paper:  ME 233

Magenta rubberstamps:  0588.O,  07.514.G
Decorative paper:  ME 234
Magenta rubberstamps:  0558.O,  07.449.G
Decorative papers:  ME 234,  ME 230

Magenta rubberstamps:  0558.O,  07.560.G
Decorative papers:  ME 237, ME 238

Magenta rubberstamps:  0558.O,  07.399.F
Decorative paper:  ME 236
Magenta rubberstamps:   0558.O,  07.449.G
Decorative paper:  ME 231



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers