Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Art 'n Soul's Journal Club members will be showing their artistry at an Open House on Saturday, October 13, from 1:00 to 4:00 in the afternoon. Please be sure to save this date on your calendar because it's going to be quite a display. They are planning to also have a demo table to show you how some of their journal art is created. Here's some of the work I had the pleasure to view on Friday during their monthly meeting at the store.

by Sam Lee
Sam last completed page; isn't it beautiful?
Everytime I look at it, I feel happy.
 
This is Sam's next page to complete.
Notice the angel she has drawn.
These images are going to be collaged into Sam's journal using
Imagine Crafts' Creative Medium.

Katie Cisek is a newcomer to the Art'n Soul Journal Club. She is a fan of 'mail art' . . . she has friends she has met through "Good Mail Daily" from around the world and still has friends she continues to exchange mail art with. This sounds so intriguing and I want to explore Mail Art even more!
Katie's tub of journaling materials. 
Various pieces of art sent to her through the mail art exchange. 


Tomorrow, I'll share more of the Journal Club's work.

Our neighbors surprised us with a beautiful housewarming gift. In turn, I made this 'thank you' card for them to express our appreciation for their thoughtfulness. I can always depend on Magenta for the perfect stamp to use.
I used this beautiful stamp from Magenta.
I stamped with Tsukineko's Versamark ink on 80 lb. White Solar
Classic Crest card stock, and
embossed with gold embossing powder.
 After trimming
around the design, I mounted it on gold card stock.
This is one of the Magenta peel-offs applied to
designer paper card stock (you can see the faint images in
the background) and colored with Sakura's Glaze pens and
Stardust glitter pens; I think I showed you
a series of these a short while ago.
by Debbie Gaetz
I used a scrap from some beautiful handmade paper and
applied that to a Fabriano watermark vertical card; the
photo corners are Magenta peel-offs.

From Els at Elizabeth Craft Designs, her latest card . . .
by Els for Elizabeth Craft Designs
"Finished my card with the Flower Peel Off (ECD 2534 in gold) that I posted a few days ago. I so enjoy making the patchwork with the Shimmer Sheetz that I decided to choose that as a background. I had some really nice pieces after the classes yesterday that it was an easy choice. Finished it off with the gold lines form Peel Off nr 842 in gold."

Art 'n Soul's Annual Christmas Party . . . Sunday, October 14, from 1:00 to 4:00 in the afternoon. We're making plans to share holiday ideas with you all afternoon. We hope you'll put this date on your calendar so you won't miss out on our introduction to the holiday season!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers