Thursday, July 12, 2012

The alcohol inks are hiding in a box yet to be re-discovered and I had failed to bring my StazOn colored ink pads. So, I worked with what I had . . . pieces of Elizabeth Craft Designs' Shimmer Sheetz that had been embossed, and pieces that had been embossed and inked with Tsukineko's StazOn. I sanded some of the embossed pieces to bring out the core color. I took some of the Shimmer Sheetz that had been embossed and only cut those down into small pieces. What was I doing? Attempting to make another Shimmer Sheetz collage on a piece of chipboard designed to be the cover to a journal book.
by Debbie Gaetz
I used two different colored glitter peel-off strips from Elizabeth Craft Designs on each seam. There were many times I wasn't too sure I should continue but I was encouraged by friends at the table to remember what Els said . . . just start laying the pieces down and don't worry about composition, colors, etc. I'm glad I finished the mosaic. All I have left to do is punch in the small holes on the left side. It came together quickly; I worked on it from start to finish in about an hour and a half.


Marj Marion is teaching another fabulous class using the Cheery Lynn dies.
by Marj Marion
July 30 from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
FABULOUS FRAMES AND FLOWERS - $32
Call the store to sign up . . . 360.357.6820 or, better yet!, come into the store to see the sample board of cards for this class and sign up.


Sue Moffat and Joanna Penfield are teaching another one-layer card class because of the popularity and fun of the class last month. You're going to make a total of 8 cards -- wow! . . . on the afternoon of Sunday, August 5.


by Sue Moffat and Joanna Penfield





From Millsrepco featuring a Memory Box die . . .
Honeyblossom Sprig Notecards Set

"I'm going to need some thank you notes in the coming weeks, and since the Honeyblossom Sprig 98333 is my new favorite die, here is a set of notecards I made:
P1010021
Die cut Honeyblossom Sprig 98333 using watercolor paper. Leave the die cut in place. This will make your coloring easier.
P1010020
Color the die cut images using Distress Markers. Color outside the lines! Blend colors--I used three greens on all of the stems and leaves and multiple colors on the buds and blossoms.
P1010022
Punch out the Honeyblossom Sprigs.
P1010024
Cover each Honeyblossom Sprig with a clear embossing ink--I used the VersaMark pad.
Sprinkle on clear embossing powder. Use a heat tool to melt the powder. Use a pointy tool to hold down the sprig while heating it.
P1010005
The colors brighten and become more vivid with the heat embossing!
P1010014
Use a narrow tape runner, teeny tiny pop dots, or Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive to attach each sprig to a notecard. Everyone seems to have a favorite adhesive, so use what you know works best for you.
For coordinating envelopes, stamp G1862 Whisper Print Leaf in a soft green shadow ink on each one.
To make a set as a gift for someone else, add stamps from the USPS. Package in a clear box and tie with a pretty ribbon. This might just be the perfect hostess gift when visiting a friend this summer!
Happy Crafting!"



From Cheery Lynn Designs' blog . . .

Elegant Evergreen





"The Cheery Lynn Designs challenge this week is Silver and/or Gold.  So I thought I would make another Christmas card, this one with silver. I began with this beautiful Cathedral Lace Frame, die cutting it from Cryogen white card stock and backing it with Silver metallic card stock. I mounted this to a red panel that I first added texture to with my Big Wicker die (embossing instead of cutting). I mounted both of these onto a 5 x 7 Cryogen card stock base. Next came the Elegant Evergreen; I separated the layers and then popped them up for some added dimension.  For the border on the bottom, I die cut Anastasia out of silver card stock, backing it with more Cryogen. The last step was to add some gems; holly in the top corners and then red gems on the tree and border. This card has a lot of sparkle and shine!"

Sandy



We know how generous our Art 'n Soul family and friends are, so I will ask again . . . please remember to bring in a non-perishable food item for the Food Bank barrel at the store. Summer vacation from school means more children at home to feed who cannot rely on the school lunch for their main meal. We thank you for your generosity and kindness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers