At the stamp show, this Magenta stamp was one of the most requested:
I'm showing it here in the event you're like me . . . writing up a pink sheet so I can be sure this stamp is ordered in my name for the Magenta order that's being sent soon.
Tomorrow, in celebration of Memorial Day, Art 'n Soul will be closed. Please join us as we honor the many generations, past and present, who have served our country defending our freedoms and way of life with their bravery and sacrifices; as well as the military families who have supported and, sometimes lost, their loved ones.
From Spellbinders' blog . . .
|Life is Better with Friends Candy Basket|
Spellbinders Paper Arts Supplies:
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur Machine
- LF-007 Hexagon Petal Envelope
- E8-006 Classic Petal
- E8-011 Classic Decorative Inserts Three
- S5-050 Rose Creations
- S4-328 Foliage
- JustRite Stampers – Spring Rose Medallions, Nested Oval Medallion Labels Die Set
- Heartfelt Creations – Botanical Floral 1 & 2 PreCut Rubber Stamp Sets, Leaf Medley PreCut Rubber Stamp Set
- Want2Scrap – Pearls
- Bazzill Basics Paper – Kraft Cardstock
- Beacon Adhesives – Zip Dry Paper Glue
Nature Garden Collection Designer Paper by Prima Marketing, Silk Ribbon by May Arts, Frayed Burlap Distress Ink by Rangers, Memento Rich Cocoa Ink by Tsukineko, Copic Markers.
1. Die cut and emboss Hexagon Petal Envelope die with Kraft Cardstock using the Grand Calibur Machine.
2. Trace petals and base using the die onto Design Paper and cut with scissors. Here you can choose the images you want to use for the petals and the base. I traced and cut 12 petals to cover the inside and outside of the basket.
3. Adhere Design Paper petals to Kraft Hexagon Petal Envelope.
4. Stamp Heartfelt Creations Botanical Floral flowers and Leaf Medley leaves on Design Paper with Memento Rich Cocoa. I used the 3 smallest flowers from the set. You need enough flowers to make 6 clusters for each side of the basket and 3 more clusters for the top of the handle. Die cut flowers and leaves with coordinating dies from Rose Creations and Foliage. For this process you can go toHeartfelt Creations to watch the video “Matching the Stamps and Dies”.
5. Curl flower petals and leaves, then layer them using paper glue to form the flower, embellish with pearls . Attach flower clusters to each corner with glue or strong tape securing the sides together to form the basket as picture shows.
6. For handle, die cut and emboss Classic Petal and Classic Decorative Inserts Three Edgeabilities. Secure with repositionable tape before running through the Grand Calibur Machine. The handle is about 10” long, I cut 2 handles and overlapped them at the top.
7. Distress the handle with Frayed Burlap ink. Arrange flowers and leaves at the center of handle. Attach handle to basket and glue another flower cluster on top to hide seam.
8. For sentiment, stamp smaller medallion from the JustRite Stampers Spring Rose Medallions set. Stamp Life is Better with Friends in the center using Memento Rich Cocoa Ink. Color with Copic Markers. Die cut with coordinating die from the Nested Oval Medallion Labels set.
9. Attach sentiment under handle with silk ribbon and make a bow as picture below shows.
10. For the candy, I wrapped each candy with strips of Design Paper measuring 1” x 3” and secured with tape. Here is the finished basket.
I hope you are inspired to use these great Edgeabilities dies on your cards and also on any 3 dimensional project like this basket. You can visit my Blog HERE for more inspiration on boxes and baskets made with Spellbinders dies.
From Copic's blog . . .