Monday, January 9, 2012

Marj's Crazy 'Bout Dies' class on January 28 has already filled up. She is taking a list of names for a possible class again on the 29th if there are at least 4 more students that sign up. I'm sure many of you who didn't come into the store on Saturday for Recycled Rubber have yet to see her class board, so here's one of the cards for the class featuring a new die from Cheery Lynn. If you'd like to sign up for the possible class on the afternoon of Sunday, January 29, please call the store at 360.357.6820 or drop by.


by Marj Marion
"CRAZY 'BOUT DIES" Class on January 28, 2012



From Els at Elizabeth Craft Designs . . .

by Els for Elizabeth Craft Designs
FLOWERS IN FRAME Peel-Off 2532

"This is another card with the new designs Flowers in Frame nr 2532. I added a border (nr 1061) and a Happy Birthday (nr 328). The Glitter ritz micro fine glitter I used is one of the colors from the NEW limited editions which will be available in a few weeks so keep watching out for those ones! For the coloring of the flowers I used the US Artquest Mica Color palette 'Stargazer'."


by Els for Elizabeth Craft Designs

Necklace is made from Shimmer Sheetz!
(This was posted for you, Mary E. -- Debbie)




Here's the 4th card for the FROM THE HEART Valentine card class that I'm doing on Tuesday, January 17.





I just posted on someone else's blog a resolution for the new year. I usually avoid making any kind of list that will make me feel guilty throughout the year, but I think this one will make it to the 'done' column. Here's my entry . . .

Too often, I order duplicates of stamps because it’s difficult for me to keep track. I always gravitate to the same type of stamps too. My resolution is to immediately stamp a new stamp on a 4×6 card with he information on the card and keep an index file box or small notebook of them, categorized by company, i.e., Hero Arts. I am going to stamp a duplicate copy to put in a ‘travel box” so I have a stash ready to grab and take with me when I leave on a trip.

My 4x6 index card for the stamp catalog.

I am sure this method will morph as the organics of the project
grow, my mind moves in different directions, and the
'at the moment' need arises.

My stamped image on Solar White Classic Crest
awaiting some color that will be placed
in my 'whisk away' traveling box.


This is definitely going to take a while to play catch-up and keep my new acquisitions current. In fact, it will take a while to just stamp and catalog the new stamps I've never used; the best thing about that is it will be like shopping all over again without doling out more $. I'm sure Susie is rolling her eyes and laughing at me as she reads this.

What's your resolution for the new year that pertains to rubber stamping, paper crafting, altered art, journaling? We'd love to hear from you.



One last note . . . I saw Patti R. dropping off more non-perishable food items into the Food Bank barrel on Saturday. Thanks so much, Patti! Just because the holidays are over doesn't mean the burden is less at the Food Bank. Your ongoing contributions are needed and appreciated . . . help us fill the barrel again this week! You're all the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers