We're open tomorrow at 10:00 a.m., even though it's a state and federal holiday. That means you can spend one last day of your holiday browsing through the store before your work-week begins again . . . some of you lucky ones have Art 'n Soul Gift Certificates to use.
We also hope that you will take the time to enjoy the cuisine at the new Thai House Restaurant, next door to Art 'n Soul. We've been there several times and I know we'll never tire of their excellent choice in menu items and the freshness of the food itself. Phon (pronounced Pon) has worked very hard to make the Thai House a quality restaurant . . . beautiful atmosphere and outstanding food. Help us spread the word about the Thai House for in-house dining and to-go orders.
Why do I promote another business? Because us small independent businesses need to stand together and support each other . . . and the Thai House is our next-door neighbor that we choose to support and recommend because we want them to be successful! Thank you for indulging me.
BTW, the cyber-ghoulies are present tonight. The letter sizes are a mystery to me!
From Penny Black's blog . . .
I hope you have remembered that Hero Arts has been an open catalog company and we're getting ready to send an order in now that the new year is upon us. I'm preparing my "pink sheet" tonight . . . the 2012 catalog is at the store and I know you'll want to look through it if you haven't already done that.
To further inspire you, here are a couple of Hero Arts' posts from Millsrepco that show some of the new stamps and/or techniques . . .
Thanks card from Hero
AC012 Just Because
CH200 Brown Gemstones
MI002 Sponge Dauber With Cap
AC012 Just Because
DI005 Edge Frame
AF101 Black Ink Pad
AF189 Vintage Photo Distress Dye Ink Pad
PS626 Bright White Watercolor Paper
PS633 Earth Designer Papers
PS648 Indie Bloom Paper Pad
- "Cut a 5.5" x 8.5" piece of Watercolor Paper. Fold in half to create a standard 4.25" x 5.5" card.
- Cut a 1.5" x 5.5" piece of Earth Designer Paper (ledger pattern) and adhere to bottom of card as shown.
- Cut a strip of aqua patterned paper, ink edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink, and adhere just above Earth Designer Paper piece.
- With black ink, stamp Just Because image onto Earth Designer Paper (script pattern), aqua paper, orange paper, and cream paper.
- Use DI005 Edge Frame die to die cut the label image that was stamped on the Earth Designer Paper. Ink edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
- Cut other pieces from colored papers and reassemble as shown. Use foam adhesive for butterfly.
- Adhere label to card front, lining up aqua pieces.
- Add brown gemstones to finish."
Thank You Card from Hero