Saturday, January 14, 2012

Art 'n Soul's Journal Club met yesterday. Unfortunately, I arrived just as they were packed up and ready to leave. Luckily, Sam had the journal papers that she's been working on in a handy spot. She says she's had more fun using the acrylic paints on watercolor paper . . . take a look!

by Sam Lee
Strathmore's Visual Journal Online Class
www.strathmoreartiststudio.com

by Sam Lee
Strathmore's Visual Journal Online Class
www.strathmoreartiststudio.com

by Sam Lee
(It's unfortunate that you cannot see
the shine and glimmer applied by Sam)

Strathmore's Visual Journal Online Class
www.strathmoreartiststudio.com


by Sam Lee
Strathmore's Visual Journal Online Class
www.strathmoreartiststudio.com

by Sam Lee
Strathmore's Visual Journal Online Class
www.strathmoreartiststudio.com


I love Sam's use of colors . . . they complement each other very well. I'm anxious to see what happens in the next Visual Journal Online class!

This class series is offered by Strathmore for free. I have signed up but I'm not as far as Sam is. You have to sign up for the class by registering on their site, and I think you'll find it is a fabulous class. Sam and Carla Dixon took the classes last year and loved them.



Marj brought in two beautiful Valentine sample cards using dies from Memory Box and Cheery Lynn.

by Marj Marion

Cheery Lynn dies & SEI 6x6 Paper Pad



by Marj Marion
Memory Box dies

Dianne has been promoting the key dies and I've been
resisting, thinking that I don't need another series
of dies. After looking at how Dianne and Marj used
the key dies, I'm sure my willpower will wilt and
I'll be sending in another order!



Tomorrow is John Petersen's class. Another SRO showing by his loyal followers who are eager to learn techniques using Tsukineko products, and enjoy John's more-than-fun personality! And he's bringing a small order of products from Tsukineko for the store . . . you might want to stop over if you're not taking his class. One of the best products he's bringing are the Delicata inkpads . . . you're going to definitely want one in your stash; I'm using it in my From the Heart card class on Tuesday evening and can't wait to share how wonderful the brilliance of that ink is!

P.S.  You might want to come a little early before the 12 noon starting time for the class. The Thai House next door has a great lunch selection and Phon would be thrilled if you stopped in. I'm gonna do it 'cos it's too good to pass up.



You may not see a lot of posting between now and Monday. I have just purchased a MacBook Air and they have to keep that and the laptop I am giving up for 24 hours once I take it up there . . . most likely tomorrow after class. We'll see what might be done using Tom's laptop, but no promises!


Does anyone have a similar wish? I wish my rubber stamping and paper crafting stash of supplies and products would become organized at the twitch of the nose. I can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers