Sunday, December 18, 2011

The 8th day of the 12 Days of Christmas at Art 'n Soul . . .



On the eighth day of Christmas, my Art ‘n Soul gave to me, one free Copic marker and one free piece of Copic paper with a minimum $25 purchase. Monday, dec 19 only!


And don't forget . . .




Gift Certificates are the perfect stocking stuffer or gift under the tree. They're easy to purchase and beautiful to give. Dianne's been busy creating these beautiful gift certificates. Please stop in . . . it's THE BEST gift you could ask for, or that you could give to a crafty friend or wanna-be crafty friend!





From Els at Elizabeth Craft Designs . . .

How cool are these pieces of jewelry made from Shimmer Sheetz? I can't wait to find out how Els made these!







This is a draft of a new peel-off design that Els is making for Elizabeth Craft Designs.




I can't wait to see what Els has been working on 'in person' at CHA next month.



From Dave Brethauer at Memory Box . . .


Bredgreen4



If I could pick one die that was our most popular design of the year, I would have to say that it was the Flowering Christmas tree. Since we released it July 1, 2011, we have sold this die more than any other in our collection (it is in stores in 21 countries!). My goal when I began designing dies this year was to create die cuts that would change the way people used dies - to make the designs as intricate and artistic as possible. This die really stood out and has been our go-to design when making samples and classes for the past 6 months. I created a video that shows a some ideas and tips using the die - enjoy!

 


I included a few color variations in the video (simple backgrounds with this die, because the design is so complex). The idea of layering the flowers onto a second cut piece came from Sharon, owner of the Cat's Meow, when I visited her store in California this summer. It was such an effective way to use this die and the results were perfect! 


Bredgreen2



Bredgreen1



I simply cut out two trees - one with red cardstock and one with green cardstock -  then used scissors to cut out the red flowers to be glued onto the green tree.

Bredgreen3



Adding a few red jewels to the centers makes the piece pop a little bit too.



Baqua-card1
Here's a color variation using aqua tones - the tree looks a lot different with Lagoon cardstock and bright white flowers. The centers? I used White Liquid Pearls and dusted them with irridescent glitter while they were still wet.



Bwhite3
And here's the tone on tone variation I shared in the video. I love the look of artwork that has 2 shades of a color! A cream Flowering Christmas Tree on top of a textured cream background is simple and eye-catching. I used the Charlotte Border die 98242 to create the detailed edges and mounted everything onto a bright Cranberry notecard.



Bpackage


 
I'm now going to find my Flourishing Chrismas Tree die.


Here are some sample cards from Susie that she dropped off at the store today . . .

by Susie Tracy

by Susie Tracy

by Susie Tracy

by Susie Tracy

by Susie Tracy




Look at this cool domino from Suzanne Glazier with Pennywise Arts:


"After digging through my craft room I finally unearthed one of the dominoes I created for a Pennywise Arts swap.  (Maybe two years ago?)
A regular domino is transformed into a Christmas ornament (or in this case a magnet) with a snowman stamp from Stampin Up!, Staz On black ink and Adirondack markers from Ranger.
The sides are colored silver with a Krylon paint pen and left to dry.  Then 1/4” O'So Sticky Tape is wrapped around the outside and pressed into clear micro beads.
I sprayed a light spritz of silver glitter spray over the top to look like snowflakes and then sealed it with a thick clear spray glaze.
I just received my package of swapped doms so in the next few days I will have photos of this years Pennywise Arts Yahoo group domino swap. 
Hugs and Happy Holidays!"
Suzanne




I'm posting this now because we have to be in Auburn at 8:30 a.m. tomorrow morning to select flooring for the new house. That means we leave home at 7:30 a.m. and my fingers and brain will not coordinate efforts before that time to put a posting together that could be read or understood!


as you can see, they're moving right along on the house;
the separate building on the right is Tom's playroom . . .
his own garage for the cars!



the door on the left is the main entrance to the house;
the wall above to the right is my studio (the windows
are centered on the outside wall).

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers