Thursday, October 27, 2011

Have you signed up for Laura Leach's Outlines Floral Fun and More card class that's being held this Sunday from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.? Call the store at 360.357.6820 or stop in to sign up.

by Laura Leach

Using Outlines' Serendipity series, Mix and Match Florals, and Sparkle Stamps to
create 3 fun cards, plus an extra topper to finish at home (or in class if time allows).
Please bring basic class kit plus detail-cutting scissors, your favorite markers,
glitter pens, glaze pens, and souffle pens, if you have them. $25 class fee.



More photos from the Christmas Party . . . these card samples were designed by our very talented Marj Marion! She featured cards using Dreamweaver Stencils and Memory Box dies.


by Marj Marion

Memory Box Die -- Tivoli Snowflake  #98163
(use the negative as an overlay)
Dreamweaver Color Solution on background glossy white background paper
Rhinestone bling


by Marj Marion


by Marj Marion



More sneak peeks from Graphic 45 . . . from the yet-to-debut Tropical Travelogue paper collection.

"Island Jewel"
Island-Jewel-frt-PR-copy
Island-Jewel-bck-PR-copy
"Seaside Holiday"
Seaside-holday-front-PR-copy
Seaside-holiday-bck-PR-copy
"Hibiscus Heaven"
Hibiscus-Heaven-frt-PR-copy
Hibiscus-heaven-bck-PR-copy





From Spellbinders' blog . . .

Thursday, October 27, 2011
   
Edgeabilities and Foil, a Holiday Ensemble

Hello and good morning, I am Heidi Blankenship, a Spellbinders™ Blog Team Member. I am so excited to be here with you today as the Guest Designer. I will be showcasing Spellbinders Edgeabilities® E8-002 Classic Bracket die template set.

I love working with the Spellbinders Edgeabilities die templates because they are so quick and easy to create with. Plus, because they are designed with 1" increments you can mix and match them. This allows you to create with your own personal style.

For my project I designed a Christmas Ornament and a matching Card.


Edgeabilities foil tree and card by Heidi Blankenship


I used the Classic Bracket Edgeabilities die templates for both projects.






To start I cut four strips of Premium Craft Foil Precious Metals 1¼ x 7''. Then I lined up the die template with the decorative cut edge and one of the decorative inserts, taped for perfect placement and cut/embossed all four strips. Then I lightly sanded all four strips of craft foil.





Next I wanted to create a nice sturdy base for the ornament so I used Nestaboard™ Nested Pennants from Want2Scrap™. I cut a piece of ivory cardstock using Nested Pennants and used 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue from Beacon Adhesives to glue the two pieces together.

Then I started to layer the pieces of craft foil on to the pennant. Start from the bottom and work up to the top.

The four strips will be enough to cover the entire piece. I cut the craft foil just a little longer and then fold the excess to the backside and glue to hold in place. I also offset the layers as I added them.

This is what the Pennant looks like the photo shown above, once it is covered in craft foil.





Using ivory cardstock I cut/embossed Nested Lacey Pennants. I used this piece to cover up the backside of the ornament.

Adhere gold ribbon to the front of the die cut to create a hanger for the ornament.





For the tree trunk I used one of the banners from the Nested Pennants die template set and I glued the die cut to a piece of Nestaboard.


I glued the tree trunk to the foil covered pennant and then glued the lacey pennant to the back. I used Glue Gloss and Pralines & Cream Fairy Dust Glitter from Clearsnap to add a little sparkle to the lacey trim and trunk.





For a finishing touch I added Baby Bling Red Rhinestones from Want2Scrap.
Ok, now on to the card ;)





To create the decorative edge on the card I used all three die templates in the Classic Bracket Edgeabilities® set. I offset one of the die templates to create a slightly different look than if I would have just lined them up. I wanted to have a decorative edge for the front and back so I folded the cardstock in half and taped the die templates for perfect placement.





Next, I created a decorative strip with the craft foil.





I assembled the card as shown and added some gold ribbon and Baby Bling Red Rhinestones from Want2Scrap. The sentiment is from Merry & Bright stamp set from JustRite Stampers.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers