Sunday, September 4, 2011

Labor Day Holiday, Magenta Work, Inchie Arts & Boating to the Husky Game

Tomorrow, the Labor Day Holiday, the store will be closed to allow our staff to enjoy the day with their family. Art 'n Soul will be open at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday.

I have finished working on the shadow technique taught by Helene with Magenta. I just need to figure out what I want for a background and/or trim to complete the card.

The colors in the photo are not
as vivid as the real card top, and I
wish you could see how dynamic the
colors worked together. Those of you
who took the class know that we used
alcohol inks, Magenta stamps, Magenta plastic
cut-outs, Versamark ink and Prismacolor colored pencils.

If you'd like to know more about this technique, come into the store and we'd be more than happy to show you. (You might call first {360.357.6820} to make sure the person working that day has the proper materials and products.) I cannot wait to do more of these. The little packets of plastic cut-outs have been ordered from Magenta, along with several of the other new products we used in Helene's classes.

I couldn't stop playing with the colored pencils, so I stamped this image from Crafty Individuals that we order through Magenta.

Prismacolor pencils were used on the stamped image, and Sakura Black
Glaze Pen for the flower centers. I cut out the stamped image. The background paper
is from Magenta's Emotions collection; and I colored in some of the
paper design with colored pencils.


I took a gold glitter pen over the some of
the bird cage lines and hanging chain.

I'm so glad tomorrow is a holiday because I might have to spend more time coloring.



From the Inchie Arts' blog . . .

February 27, 2011



With all of the photos I have, this would be a fun project to surprise someone with. I'm thinking of all of the 'old' photos I have come across that I didn't want to 'touch' at the time that I can now have some fun with. I'm sure many of you have similar photos that you can work with. Thanks, Lisa, for sharing this great idea and showing pics from your class.



Yesterday was the first home game for the University of Washington Huskies, and many other college teams around the country. We go to the games on a friend's boat . . . however, it was such a beautiful summer day, it was difficult to think about football which I always connect with the fall season that I am not ready to slide into. Coming back from the game, I took pics of my favorite part of the ride . . . going through the Montlake Cut that connects Lake Washington with Lake Union.

A beautiful sunny mid-afternoon on Lake Washington
tied up to the Husky Stadium dock . . . many boaters
anchored out as well. Seriously, does this
look like football season?

It's getting late in the day and we're ready
to shove off and head for home after the W win!

The Montlake Cut . . . my favorite part of the ride.
Please indulge my 'overload' of pics going through.

Fans line both sides of the cut to
wave hello and yell out their support for
the Huskies. On the upper right of the hillside,
the parking lot outside the stadium is filled with cars, RV's,
tents, awnings, grills, coolers, TV's . . . and lots of generators
for the unwavering Husky tailgaters!

Nearing the infamous Montlake Bridge . . .
it has to open for the sailboats and that usually
occurs during rush hour!

Talk about tradition . . . on game day,
the boats are going under the bridge, the cars
are bumper-to-bumper going both ways
across the bridge, and the drove of fans
are making their way to Husky Stadium.

Passing by Seattle Yacht Club

I laid down on the cushion to get this
shot of the I-5 bridge in the disance through
the boat railing.

Going under the University Bridge (the building ahead
on the left is Dale Chihuly's workshop) to then go under the . . .

. . . I-5 Bridge (see the Express Lanes below the main deck?)

Headed to Roanoke Reef on Lake Union
with the Seattle skyline ahead.

Gasworks Park and the Aurora Bridge beyond it at dusk.



House boats line the entire shoreline . . .
just imagine sitting in a studio in one of the house boats,
sun shining on the lake, a slight breeze, the sounds
of the birds, boats and the seaplane taking off or landing . . .
while you're working on your latest stamped image.



It was a fun Saturday. Have a great Labor Day Holiday tomorrow . . . we'll talk soon!


A painting is what you make of it, besides which, 'Moon, Weeping'
has a better ring to it than 'Paintbrush, Dripping.'
Robert Brault

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers