Tuesday, June 14, 2011

It's been a busy weekend and week so far . . .

Saturday, my granddaughter graduated from her Master's Program in Education. Afterward we celebrated over dinner at Palisades in Seattle.

That's Kacie, front and center!

by Debbie Gaetz
This was Kacie's graduation card from me. I made a black and white copy of
my favorite picture of her in the cutest little dress I gave her for
her 3rd Christmas and cut it out with a Spellbinder die. I layered that onto
colored cardstock and trimmed around the die cut shape.


Sunday was a baby shower in Seattle for Tom's daughter and greeting our Italian in-laws from their Alaska cruise and first visit to Washington State, followed by a yummy dinner at a small neighborhood bistro. We stayed overnight at the Grand Hyatt in downtown Seattle; unfortunately, we didn't have much time to feel the luxury of the hotel. Yesterday morning, we met up in the morning and drove over to University Village to do some more baby shopping. We picked up some sandwiches to go at Specialties in the Village (they make THE best non-floured whole-grain wheat-germ chocolate chip cookies), and met the boat at Roanoke Reef to cruise Lake Union, the cut, and Lake Washington in the afternoon . . . with the sun and winds accompanying us. Enrico was blown-away by the beauty of our natural surroundings, the houseboats that lined the lake, and the various industries and other activities we saw from the boat. My camera was left in the car so I have to wait for someone else to send me their pics and I'll share a couple of them with you then.

I promised photos of Judy Daugherty's magical book . . .

by Judy Daugherty

by Judy Daugherty

by Judy Daugherty

by Judy Daugherty

by Judy Daugherty

by Judy Daugherty

by Judy Daugherty

by Judy Daugherty

by Judy Daugherty

by Judy Daugherty

Again, the photos do not show how incredibly beautiful these layered die-cut images are when coupled with Judy's awesome ways to design and embellish the finished images with Magenta peel-offs, decorative papers, Washi papers, and Webster's Pages buttons. Gorgeous, isn't it? Bella, bella, bella!


The week's activities continue . . . the Riva's arrive this afternoon to stay at our house for one night. We're headed to Mama Stortini's in Puyallup tonight for a bridal shower dinner with the aunts, cousins, and some long-time family friends, and more baby presents.

Squeezed in among all of this is another showing of our house by a realtor from Tacoma . . . I'm not sure I can squeeze anything more onto my 'fun' calendar right now. A little 'boring' will be good in another couple of days!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers