Friday, May 6, 2011

Magenta's Commemorative Stamps Are Here!

With Helene's arrival late last night, Magenta's commemorative stamps honoring Etsumi's animal rescue program in Japan are at Art 'n Soul right now. If you're taking either of their classes next week, you can also have your stamps autographed! Please remember the store is not making any profit from the sale of these stamps; all proceeds are going to the animal rescue effort.

Japan magenta
It's so exciting to see Helene again . . . she'll be teaching her classes at Art 'n Soul on Monday. The afternoon class is full with a waiting list; however, the evening class has one more opening!


And from the Magenta's Blog today . . .

Mother's Day card


Hello everyone!!!
Today I present you a little card I made for Mother's day.

I decided to give it a little spring look with the colors and a beautiful bird Chipboard.

 
 
The bird was principally worked on with Distress Stain Wild Honey for the back. Then I added 3 layers of distress stickles (vintage photo, aged mahogany & old paper in some spots). I've helped it dry a little with my heat tool (one of the wonderful thing with distress stickles!). I colored the leaves with some smooch and then my branch and the bird's eye was made with dimensional pearl (espresso & mushroom).

 
I assembled everything on a maruyama paper on top of a spring color paper and everything was done!
 
The small chipboard letters are perfect for card text and... I adore keeping their original neutral color!!!

If you are a mother, I wish you a Happy Mother's Day!!!
Have fun creating!
Caroline aka Klolo
 
 
Material :
  • Chipboard Birds on branch [CB12]
  • Robins Nest paper [ME210]
  • Mini Alphabet chipboard [CB638]
  • Chipboard Love [B1207]
See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers