Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Back Home!

I flew home last night on a turbulent flight from Los Angeles. The nice thing:  I was bumped up to first class where I learned that dinners on the  LA-Seattle flights are served on salad plates!

The experience at CHA was wonderful because I had the Magenta team guiding my way.


The Magenta Team
(from left to right)
Helene, Julie, Jackie and Nathalie (Helene's sister)
Julie has just joined Magenta to work on their scrapbooking sales and bubbles with enthusiasm. Jackie has been representing Magenta for a very long time from her home in Edmonton, Alberta and is a wealth of knowledge about the industry (even though she eats dinner left-overs for breakfast the next morning).

There were so many new products to discover, numerous people to meet, several new acquaintences to make, and techniques to learn. Of course, I had fun with the Magenta make-n-take's; even an oopsy of mine (naturally!) gave Helene another idea. I was 'wowed' with a demo at Elizabeth Craft Designs using their fabulous glitter with peel-off's, magic tape and Copics.

Now, it's back to reality and preparing for my card class tonight . . . and figuring out how to get the tonnage of catalogs to the store without increasing my car's axle load. You should have seen me at the first-class ticket desk moving catalogs between checked luggage to meet the maximum baggage weight! Luckily, she let me slip one through by 1 pound! It was obvious I wasn't her first "trade show" passenger. Even luckier is the fact that the hundreds of photos I took are not weighted!

One of the most popular paper crafting techniques was making blossoms and floral bouquets out of paper.



This particular blossom was made out of 7 Gypsies tissue paper.

This is Kazuko, who helped navigate our way around Osaka and Kyoto, demo'ing for Tsukineko using two of their new products. She told me that she will definitely come to Art 'n Soul to teach a class when Helene visits in May for the Puyallup Heirloom Rubber Stamp Show. You will love her! almost as much as you love Helene!



That's it for now . . . time to continue my class prep and also stop in at the store to see what's new!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers