Wednesday, January 5, 2011

More Goodies to see at Art 'n Soul

Crushed velvet ribbon, chipboard goodies, petite envelopes . . . all from Maya Road and out for you to look at!



I wish I knew how to better display the ribbons . . .







The Karen Lockhart stamps came in . . . adorable! There are a few left . . . it didn't take any time to run down the supply! Hurry in to get your favorite before they have totally disappeared! Here's a couple of samplings . . .








I couldn't resist showing you this fabulous creation shown on the Graphic 45 blog yesterday using papers from the new Once Upon a Springtime collection. By the way, the 8x8 paper pads are out on the front counter.

Jan 4, 2011 10:16:18 AM

A House of Enchantment: Fairy House by Jenny Svensson


Hello You Fabulous Crafters!

A very happy Tuesday to you! I am so excited to show you today's fantastic design team project! It's so unbelievably amazing, you wont believe your eyes. So lets just get right to it, shall we? Today's project was created by the brilliant Jenny Svensson. I feel like my words wont do justice to this clever craft. Here is what Jenny had to say about the creation of this magnificent work of art using our Once Upon a Springtime collection.

"I made this fairy house for my daughter, very much inspired by the latest Tinkerbell movie, of course. I made the house out of double layers of cardstock and covered the outside and inside with patterned papers. The roof lies loose on top of the house, and it is made from patterned paper and cardstock that I have cut in narrow strips, although I left about half an inch uncut, and then I rolled it all together and spread out the strips as evenly as possible on top of a paper cone. The porch roof is made from punched-out photo corners. This house is inhabited by a little fairy who loves to surround herself with beautiful things, such as flowers, lace pillows, and beautiful paintings on the walls. And what do you know; she is a scrapbooking fairy, in the middle of a project using the Once Upon a Springtime papers, which I cut from the front cover of the 8X8” paper pad." -

Jenny Svensson


Jenny_january_fairyhouse1
Jenny_january_fairyhouse4
Jenny_january_fairyhouse2
Jenny_january_fairyhouse3
Jenny_january_fairyhouse5 

Supplies:
Graphic 45: Once Upon a Springtime papers and tags, Staples buttons and stickers
Bazzill: green cardstock
Miscellaneous buttons, lace, trims and flowers from stash.


Isn't that just astonishing? I am continuously amazed by the brilliant ways our design team uses our papers! We want to thank Jenny for her amazing work. This project has got me thinking about other houses that we could make with our paper collections. Or maybe I'll just build a life sized version of Jenny's fairy house in my backyard. A girl can dream, can't she?

Have a marvelous day everyone!

Team Graphic 45



That's it for tonight . . . Susie's working hard to put the finishing touches on the new class schedule that will be emailed out tomorrow. The first class coming up is Marj's "thank you" card class on January 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers