Saturday, September 25, 2010

From Spellbinders' blog . . . what a cute centerpiece for any upcoming Halloween party. If you don't have the diecuts, you can order them through Art 'n Soul.

Posted: 25 Sep 2010 04:51 AM PDT
I was inspired to do a witch’s hat when I saw Holly’s party favor cone project upside down! Sorry, Holly, sometimes I just think that way. LOL!!
An added bonus: today is my oldest son’s homecoming and their theme is “Alice In Wonderland.” By putting the two together with the help of Graphic 45’s “Hallowe’en In Wonderland” Collection, I created a centerpiece for his pre-party.


Supplies Spellbinders™ Grand Calibur® LF-114 Grand Circles #4 (the smallest size is #1), S4-116 Standard Circles SM #6, S4-280 Halloween Fence Scene and Shapes Fence, S4-202 Large Deckled Rectangles #3, S4-302 Crown Circles #3, S4-298 Antiquities Key & Crown and F-003 Blue Premium Craft Foil; Graphic 45, Hallowe’en in Wonderland Collection; WorldWin Papers, Treasures Black, Colormates Maroon & Gold Hi-Gloss; Beacon Adhesives, Zip Dry; SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3L, EZ Squares; Cosmo Cricket, Tiny Type; Creative Impressions, Wide Crinkle Ribbon; and Sparkle N Sprinkle, Brushable Glue & Black Ice Glitter.


First, I rolled a sheet of ”The Mad Hatter” paper to form a cone and secured with adhesive. Then I trimmed off the excess.





I wanted the rim of the hat to tilt slightly to see the glittered edge and the words “Homecoming” when sitting down. LF-114 Grand Circles #4 was the perfect size for the hat rim! I nested S4-116 Standard Circles SM #6 inside the Grand Circle to make the inside cut for a snug for the tilt. I cut/embossed in the Grand Calibur®.




I used the embossed edge as a guideline to give the rim an extra sparkle. Loved how this turned out…just right. After it dried, the words “Homecoming” were added and the finished rim slipped over the cone for placement.





The F-003 Blue Premium Craft Foil was a perfect choice for my decoration around the hat. I cut/embossed it using S4-280 Halloween Fence Scene and Shapes Fence. I cut two for complete coverage and adhered the ends to make a ring. Then I slipped the ring over the cone.




I used an image of Alice from the “Jabberwocky” paper and cut/embossed it with S4-202 Large Deckled Rectangles #3. With Maroon cardstock, I cut/embossed S4-302 Crown Circles #3. I did the same with S4-298 Antiquities Key & Crown by using Gold Hi-Gloss cardstock. I assembled and embellished as shown before adhering to the center piece.




Lastly, I tied a bow in the center and it’s ready to be displayed at the party. {Gasp!} I just hope the centerpiece and I survive the 15 - 20 teenagers tonight!




Embossing Tip: Embossing adds a great finished touch to your work. It can also serve as a guide for edging glitter or ink, and even placement of pearls, gems and other embellishments.
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful Saturday!
Margie
H

Spellbinders is a trademark of Spellbinders Paper Arts, LLC.
Grand Calibur is registered trademark of Spellbinders Paper Arts, LLC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers