Monday, February 7, 2011

Big Delivery of MAGENTA's 2011 Winter Release Designs . . . Stamps, Chipboard, Fun!

MAGENTA's release of new stamp images and chipboard is now at Art 'n Soul. You'll want to stop in as soon as possible to make sure what you want is still available for immediate purchase; if not, you can always fill out a pink sheet and put your order in. I've posted photos of the new Magenta samples displayed at CHA . . . now you can have some real fun of your own! If I were 'home', I'd take a picture of all the new stuff. Until I return, trust me . . . you're going to want these new stamps.


From Memory Box for a Valentine's card . . .

Watercolor Look {Daphne Heart}
Posted: 04 Feb 2011
Pdaphneheart
Although the card above looks complicated, it was definitely one of the quicker projects we put together! After making 60+ of these, I think I can do these in my sleep (and once you see how easy it is, you'll be able to do them in your sleep too!).

E1422
Start by embossing the E1422 Daphne Heart in white embossing powder onto an off white cardstock (we used our new Parchment color). Color some waterbased marker ink (I used Memento Desert Sand, Angel Pink and Rose Bud) onto the embossed areas and then swirl the ink onto the paper with your finger or a dauber. The ink doesn't stick to the embossed area, but will softly shade the cardstock. You may have to layer a little color to build it up to a strong enough level.

Daphne1
You can see up close here how the marker doesn't stick to the embossed white areas, but does color the surrounding cardstock. The amazing thing is that the color becomes quite deep directly around the embossed areas and then softens as it is swirled around.

Daphne2
Here you can see how all of the overlapping colors come together to shade and "watercolor" around the embossed flowers. Stamp the Love (B4123) stamp and it completes the sentiment.
We mounted it on a piece of the Secret Garden 12x12 paper:

10117


Tomorrow is the day I visit the new Harry Potter World, so I am going to sign off for now. All I ask is that you remember to stop in at Art 'n Soul to pick out your favorite new stamp(s) from Magenta . . . and anything else you're going to need to increase your fun factor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers